Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Importance of Being Ernest

Today my mother and I were checking out apartments in Alexandria. While we were heading to another apartment in the beltway I hear a "bump, hiss, thud, thud, thud..." - FLAT TIRE! So, we pulled over , put on the hazard lights, and got out to check out the situation. Right as we discussing what to do a van with flashing yellow lights pulled over behind us. It was a CVS Samaritan van driven by a wonderful man named Ernest. Ernest just flew into the rescue. He pulled out my spare tire, filled it with air (because it was a little low), and changed it for me in a matter of 5 minutes! After he finished, Ernest sent us on the way with advice about driving on a spare.


I had never heard of the CVS Samaritan vans, but I am so thankful that they are around! After some research I have learned that CVS has had Samaritan vans on the roads of metropolitan areas for just over 30 years. According to their website:

"The drivers, have a multitude of talents and certifications. They are Nationally Certified Auto Mechanics, State Certified Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT's) or Paramedics, and Nationally Certified Animal Control Officers to name just a few. They are capable of making numerous on-site auto repairs, administering medical help, calming a tense situation or using their communication equipment to summon the state police or other assistance." http://www.cvssamaritan.com/


Wow! What a great service to the community! Thank you CVS and thank you Ernest! You were a great, and timely, blessing to a girl who wasn't carry the right tools to change a flat tire. =)

1 comment: