Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thoughts

Just some thoughts (in no particular order)....

Things I miss about Charlottesville:

- Portico
- our Community Group
- nature
- the mountains
- trains (real trains, not Metro)
- friendly strangers
- Shenandoah Joes
- Lemongrass
- St. Maartens
- Mellow Mushroom
- Dumplings
- the Downtown Mall
- life isn't at a constant 100mi/hr


Things I do not like about DC:
- people say living near the city is convenient... yes, Metro makes it easy to get into the city, but everyday life things (ie. grocery stores, banks, etc.) are not convenient b/c of traffic & bad parking.
- Target is still almost at 15 minute drive... but it is <5 miles down the road.
- it never feels like there is enough space
- traffic / mean drivers / drivers that don't pay attention

Things I am thankful for in DC:
- My husband
- Our apartment
- My job
- My school
- My co-workers
- My commute to school is against traffic (seriously, praise the Lord!)
- Our families are only 45mins away
- I'm close to a lot of good friends

2 comments:

  1. I love your list. I do this in my head all the time. I miss you too honey. I need to get up there to visit and see your apartment. I hope you are loving married life. :)

    ReplyDelete